At Brown, Brown & Fox, our business is to know and understand your financial situation. We offer services beyond compliance and combine our experience, expertise and knowledge to add value as a trusted advisor to your financial situation.
We offer the following consulting services:
Every organization can benefit from being introspective, skeptical and analytical regarding their finances. We work with organizations to develop the predictive capabilities necessary to adapt to rapid changes and outperform their peers. Specifically, we can help you with:
- Driving growth from new markets and opportunities.
- Enhance cash management through working capital optimization and better capital allocation.
- Improve finance operations by focusing on operational effectiveness, financial analytics as well as budgeting and forecasting.
- Enable efficient regulatory compliance.
- Effectively manage risk by identifying sources and improvements to mitigate high risk areas.
Business valuations enable you to accurately determine the value of a business and its components. It is essential that you know what a business is worth whether you are buying, selling, involved in litigation or planning your estate. Our highly trained and experienced professionals work with attorneys, other accountants and financial institutions to ensure you are represented fairly. Our business valuation team is comprised of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), Accredited Senior Appraisers (ASA) and accountants Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). Additionally, they are experienced in testifying in both Federal and State courts. Here is a complete list of business valuation services we provide:
- Marital dissolution
- Partner or shareholder dissolution
- Economic damages or bankruptcy
- Purchase price allocation
- Asset impairment testing
- Intellectual property valuations
- Buy and sell agreements
- Purchases or sale of a business
- General business planning
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Services
Brown, Brown & Fox, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group provides financial advisory services to Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees, debtors, unsecured creditors and estate fiduciaries. We can aid you in include formal insolvency proceedings, out of court corporate wind-downs, reorganizations and liquidations. Details of the various services our bankruptcy and insolvency group offers are detailed below:
- Facilitate electronic records retrieval.
- Identify hidden assets.
- Assist with asset sales.
- Assist with document requests.
- Perform claims, insolvency and fraudulent transfer analyses.
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Provide expert testimony.
- Assist with the software set-up to segregate pre- and post-petition activity.
- Bankruptcy schedule preparation.
- Prepare cash flows and budget to actual analysis.
- Perform claims analyses.
- Provide guidance to development of a viable reorganization plan.
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Assess the reasonableness of cash flows
- Analyze budgets to actuals.
- Perform preference analyses.
- Investigate insider transactions.
- Search for fraudulent transfers and asset misappropriations.
- Analyze solvency.
- Prepare reports and provide expert testimony.
- Assist with the sale of hard assets.
- Assist with negotiating private sales of intangibles.
- Develop causes of action to recover assets.
- Distribute estate assets to creditors on the basis of priority ranking.
Fraud is an ever present and growing problem for business organizations. It can go undetected for years and is often committed by “trusted” employees. Fraud impacts nearly every organization regardless of size and the costs can be substantial.
At Brown, Brown & Fox, our forensic accounting team is comprised of highly trained Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE’s) and accountants Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF’s). We believe the best way to deal with fraud is to prevent it. Our approach goes beyond looking at the numbers to analyze and interpret them and understand the story they tell. We assess and protect organizations from fraud through a rigorous step by step approach as follows:
- Evaluate your organization’s overall fraud risk.
- Identify possible fraud schemes with an eye toward industry specific criteria.
- Rate any recognized schemes and analyze risk tolerance.
- Develop policies, procedures and strategies to mitigate the fraud.
- Implement and test detection and prevention against future fraud.
Check out our Newsletter for the latest article on Financial Planning.